Re: Woodstock

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Sid Schipper on December 07, 1998 at 21:11:06:

In Reply to: Re: Woodstock posted by Felice Yurkiewicz on November 30, 1998 at 12:16:47:

Felice, I'm very sorry that you got the impression from our previous discussions that I didn't remeber you.
I did remember you, but what I remembered was that at the time
you and I were not particularly close friends. I
believe we hung out in different circles. It turns out that the
the group of kids that went to Woodstock were more your circle of
friends than mine and I just weaseled my way in by virtue of being
an official on the Program Committee, which was the student board that
ran the Jefferson student affairs. I'm really glad you remembered the trip.

I don't recall any of the teachers names and in fact very few of the student names.
I was delighted that you mentioned Leisant Gireaux, I hadn't thought of her in years but
I remember her well as a real colorful person and fun to hang
out with. Also, very politically involved. Do you know her current whereabouts and situation?

I remember 5 cars, although I totally forgot that we had lost one on the way up.
Our group ended up parking about 2 miles from the stage and Barry and I trekked
back and forth to the stage whenever we wanted to see the music. The first night we were able to get
up close to the stage and we saw Joan Baez, Ravi Shankar, Arlo Guthrie, Melanie, John Sebastian and Richie Havens (if
you remember the first night was the folkie night) pretty good. We slept at the stage that first night
but we trekked back in the morning to get some food. By the time we got back on the second day
the crowd had increased so much that we had a hard time getting close to the stage, so our vantage point was much worse for
Santana, Joe Cocker, The Greatful Dead, Creedence Clearwater, Janis Joplin. By the time The Who came on we were able to get closer
and we saw them and Jefferson Airplane pretty good.

I still have some pictures I took up there that show some of the teachers and students, but
I don't remember their names. I'll try to find them and scan them and send them to you to see
if you can identify any of them.

Thanks for responding to my message.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]