Re: East New York projects.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Dana Sherman on December 30, 1998 at 06:31:19:

In Reply to: East New York projects. posted by Outsider looking in. on October 20, 1998 at 16:56:15:

: I found this site via the 'Brooklyn Board' . I grew up in Brooklyn, living from 1960 to 1990 on
: Webster Avenue near Ocean parkway, and only knew of East New York as a very dangerous neighborhood
: to be avoided at all costs. I am amazed at this little glimpse into a long-gone Brooklyn. I never had any
: idea that some projects were like little neighborhoods. We had a house, but many of my freinds lived in
: apartment buildings where no one tried to know anyone else. I am even more amazed at how many of
: you are using this site to re-connect withn each other. Truth is, I'd be scared to see how many of the people
: from my old neighborhood have turned out. Someone on this site used the phrase 'parallel lives'. Brooklyn
: in the 1960's and 1970's was about millions of parallel lives. This is an unusual and interesting web site.

WOW! What I miss most is that feeling of extended family. I had so many mothers, brothers, and eyes following me, I had to stay in line. I try to replicate that in my new neighborhood. The only problem, I can't roller skate in my halls!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]