Miss Bavasso's class @PS 306

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Lisa Roma (Ehrlichman) Wacholder on September 15, 1999 at 18:38:56:

In Reply to: Re: 195 cozine/miss bavasso posted by Matty Schwartzseid on October 16, 1998 at 22:52:28:

I was in your classes in 306. Yes, we were in Ms. Bavasso's class together. I was the class artist, a skinny girl with dark hair and glasses, kind of shy back then. But I have a funny story about something I drew when we were in 5th grade together in Ms. Rudder's class, the antithesis of Bavasso's class.
Yes, she was a great teacher. I recall seeing her years later when I was around 15 years old. She actually remembered me and we spoke a little.
I remember at the end of 6th grade how she cried with us (yes, the boys cried along with us girls) as we descended the stairs for the last time as one class.
I'm studying to be a teacher now (after all these years I went BACK to school) to teach poetry and the arts in education. If anyone is an early role model for me, Ms. Bavasso is it. She was loving and nurturing and encouraging. And we all had a ball. If you remember me, get in touch and say hi. I lived at 187 Wortman Avenue, along with Lori Kravitz and Ellen Klein, Robert Meters and Steve Adelman and Allen Greenberg.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]