IMPORTANT: Group Email and Conferencing Center

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by WEBMASTER on October 07, 1998 at 09:35:00:

Our group email and conferencing center will enable you to participate in one or more email
discussions with a more limited group of friends. These discussions can be password protected
and COMPLETELY PRIVATE if you request it. This is the test of a powerful new web community
technology, and we are fortunate to be working with Fast Chat and 2WayTV to bring this to you.

Each "conference" will exist as a mailing list and a bulletin board. Everything you post to the
board will be emailed to everyone on the list, BUT you need never visit the board to participate.
You can send and receive messages totally by email, if you want. Your email messages will be
automatically posted to the board for you.

Each conference will also have its own, password protected chat room. When members of a
conference visit their personal space on the ENY Projects site, they will be told which
other members are there and may join them in a chat on the spot. Conference members
may also schedule their own, private chats.

We will be able to create closed, totally private and password protected conferences for those
who request it, providing you have at least 20 people in your conference. For instance, if you
have 20 friends who graduated from Jeff in '66, you can request your own space and we will
build it for you.

Or, alternatively, you can have an open conference, in which your discussion is
publicly archived to the site. The specifics will be left to each subgroup to decide.

Thus far, we have two conferences that you may participate in:

Collective Memory: For those who want to help write the history of our life and times in the projects,
this will be a discussion of all the wonderful aspects of our shared culture. This conference will be open,
ie, only members can participate, but the discussion will be archived to the site for everyone to view.
To participate, all you need do is sign up as an authentic member of our community.

Group 66: A conference for all those who started Gershwin in 1966. This is a conference for all of us born
in 1954, and will be closed. It will be a private discussion. The conference will be archived, but the
archive will be password protected so only Group 66 members can view it.

Please let me know if you would like a conference for your special set of friends. If so, I'll need
to know the name of the conference and the names and email addresses of participants. If you would
like to join the conference center in general --something I advise-- please do so at
http://www.eventhorizon.com/enyprojects/listserv/index.html

I'm sorry that the conferencing center is not yet ready for your inspection, but we should have it together within a month.

Pam Weintraub
Webmaster, ENY Projects and Event Horizon Web Productions, Inc.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]