Re: Geeez!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Felice Yurkiewicz Balsam on October 07, 1998 at 10:08:07:

In Reply to: Re: Geeez!!! posted by Lance Freiman on October 06, 1998 at 22:39:54:

Lance, So you see? Your memory is not shot, after all, if some of those names were still recognizable after thirty-plus years.

Barry and Ronald Glasser lived on my floor in my building wing, apt. 12E, right above the Klaus. Remember them well, and their parents. They had an older sister, too, with dyed red hair like the mother -- can't remember her name right now. It was quite a scandal in those days when this girl (maybe she was around 19 or 20 then) evidently got pregnant and kept getting bigger and bigger, and when tongues were wagging, her mother Belle said it was a swelling side effect to a bad car accident she had been in months earlier. Like anyone believed that cock-and-bull story!

Maybe you can refresh MY memory now -- Belle's best friend was a woman who lived right across the hall from her in 12H (right above you, then), a very heavy-set woman and they had a son around Barry's age. Do you recall the family name or the kid's name?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]