Re: police picture police.jpg

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Brian Shiffrin on October 07, 1998 at 22:31:27:

In Reply to: Re: police picture police.jpg posted by Dan on October 06, 1998 at 17:46:16:

: It's little liberal schmucks like you that make me
: sick. Look at your old neighborhood now, pal.
: Not that it was much better when you lived there
: in taxpayer-supported housing. Next time you read
: in the papers about an officer killed in the
: line-of-duty think about your cute remark. The 60s
: are over, all your radical bullsh*t nearly put
: this city in it's grave. But you just can't give
: it up. It's all pathetic people like you have to
: do as the world passes you by. You probably sit
: alone in some small cheesy apartment cluttered
: with the remnants of your miserable life.

:
: : I remember that fat sow of a policeman when he arrested steve for desecrating the flag. it was only 28 years ago. where has the time gone

It's great to read vitriolic anti-liberal bile on a site and messageboard devoted to people fortunate enough to have grown up in government owned and subsidized housing which clealry contributed to lives of the many people who still feel so strongly about their childhood neighborhood. Oh yeah, given the crime problems in ENY, it's hard to think that the decision to arrest Steven for exercising his constitutional right to express his opposition to government policies (the same right which you just exercised) was a good use of scarce police resources. As someone who was there, It seemed to me that the officer was arrresting Steven both because he disagreed with the position Steven was expressing and with his right to expression. Fortunately, even coonservative Supreme Court Justices, such as Scalia, have recognized that the right to express disagreement with national policies by use of the flag is an integral part of the freedom of expression that makes our country great.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]