Re: Cheap Charlie And even The Knish Man and more...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Judy on November 03, 19100 at 15:46:51:

In Reply to: Re: Cheap Charlie And even The Knish Man and more... posted by Keith Epstein on October 21, 1998 at 12:53:48:

What memories that brings back!! I remember Cheap Charlie and all the candy. But just today a few friends and I were talking about the Knish man (Kasha knishes - greasy, oval and excellent!!)

: : Anyone remember Cheap Charlie, the guy who used to roll the carriage around the projects selling old stuff and candy, well, cheap.

: : Every once and an while my kids, 6 and 5, ask me to tell them (again) the "Cheap Charlie Story."

: : Basically, some kids were harrassing Charlie endlessly, and he lashed out at (innocent, unaware me) by punching me in the nose. I remember his "mushy" fist planted sponge-like on my nose. No physical pain, but a lesson in something or other. I'll have to ask my kids in a few years what the lesson was.

: :How can we ever forget Cheap Charlie, he had all the greatest candy tat we never want OUR kids to ever eat. While we are at it does anyone remember the Knish man that also walked through the projects or even the Chow-Chow Truck Chinese food

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]