Re: Memory Test

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Ellen Miller on January 06, 19101 at 13:45:07:

In Reply to: Re: Memory Test posted by Nonie Lewin on October 25, 19100 at 19:02:55:

: : Who reemmbers the last dairy farm in Brooklyn that was at the corner of Vermont and Stanley. It was owned by the Wenk family? Also, does anyone remember a horse corral that was within walking distance of the Projects? I have a vague (very!) memory of riding ponies in the area in 1958 - 1959. Lastly - remember the milk machines and a quart only cost 25 cents!!

: I remember the farm and even remember walking all around to get into the farm to milk the cows, then one year I was very disappointed because they installed electronic milking machines and I could no longer milk the cows. My brother, Lance Lewin, remembers the milk machines in the projects you mentioned and loved them, he thought it was so neat and could be seen from our 10K apartment window at 185 Wortman.
: Hope to hear from anyone who remembers Nonie Lewin who use to sing and played the Princess (Carol Barnette's role) in Once Upon a Mattress put on through the Lukemia Society. I went to P.S. 213 for 6 th grade and then all three years at 166. I went to Jefferson in 1962 for the first year and moved to Pa.in 1963 with my family.
:
: Would love to hear from anyone who remembers me or remembers Lance Lewin who is 6 years my junior.

: Nonie (tall Brunette)
Nonie--I remember you. We lived in the same building ( 183,5,7 Wortman Ave. I remember you being friends with Laurene Silverman. I wonder if you remember me--Ellen

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]