Re: East New York Gangs/Groups/Hangouts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by alan kaufman on January 12, 19101 at 23:17:06:

In Reply to: Re: East New York Gangs/Groups/Hangouts posted by Gary Prottas on November 07, 1998 at 11:37:56:

: : I remember you guys scaring the shit out of little kids like me! My brother was in your group, Robert Prottas, I remember Donald O'Toole & Nadine Sklar, whatever happened to them? I know Junior died. Have you calmed down now? :-) If you give me some more info. I'll mention this to my brother Rob (AKA Bob) Prottas or Lonnie Prottas.

: : Gary, do you remember me? Toonah. Lonnie & I were part of STP in 1969. Tommy Astuto was my sweetie. Saw Dovie a few years ago. Still buds with Rocky. Would love to know where Lonnie is.
: In turtle bay still? Definitely tell him I'm looking for him. I'm in Queens.
: : : : :I WAS ONE OF THE STP PEOPLES....
: : : : : SQUARE TURF PEOPLE
: : : : : IT WAS IN THE BACK OF THE PS 273 SCHOOL.
: : : : : LISA MERANCHICK, STEPHANIE SKLAR, NADINE SKLAR
: : : : : DONALD O'TOOLE, JR. INESE, KIRK ETC...I REALLY
: : : : : CAN'T REMEMBER EVERYONES NAME.
: : : : : AS WE GOT OLDER WE MOVED ON TO S&V
: : : : : WHICH WAS STANLEY AND VAN SICKLEN
: : : : : PETER RECHIS, JIMMY NICOLE, JOHNNY SPIDER,
: : : : : MINDY WEINBERG, ETC...
: : : : : THAN WE GRADUATED TO ASB
: : : : : ASHFORD STREET BOYS WHICH WAS A MIXTURE OF NEW LOTS BOYS AND
: : : : : A WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHERS.......THATS WHEN WE RESLLY GOT OUT OF HAND
: : : : : AS BAD AS WE WERE THERE WERE SOME REALLY GREAT TIMES.
: : : : :

: : : : : Can you be more specific --where did these three gangs hang out, and what about other groups --like the rowdies? The Jr Rowdys was the real spelling Jerry Dimato Designed all the Jackets did a great job we all had Lee Dungeree jackets and Jerry designed the lettering so that the Y came accoss the whole word we hung out at the flagpole and the circle also cozine accross from Fairfield Towers
: : : : : Was there an STP and an ETP --weren't they one and the same. What did STP stand for, I know ETP was El Turf People. And how did STP/ETP relate to those other groups.
: : : : : I think I've been waiting all my life to clear this stuff up, please help me!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]