Re: Fillmore East, Etc.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Robert Carosella on April 26, 19101 at 11:59:50:

In Reply to: Re: Fillmore East, Etc. posted by Robert Carosella on April 26, 19101 at 11:58:11:

: .Yo, Fuzzy remember the drums I bought from you, I remember everything you mentioned, still taking photos? Remember seeing The Doors at Fillmore East, Morrison walked past us on East 5th ST. surrounded by Hells Angels He was drinking Jack Daniels, saw the Stones land in a chopper at Forest Hills Stadium July 2,1966. Later Rob C. See Charlie Littman lately?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

: I remember the Fillmore East very well. Saw Traffic there many times. Also Van Morrison, Moby Grape,Janis Joplin & many others. Does anyone out there remember the Balloon Farm? That was before the Fillmore days. Also concerts in Central Park. Saw the Stones & Donovan at Madison Square Garden. The Beetles from a press box at Shea stadium thanks to my buddy Sonny. How about the Action House out in Oceanside L.I. Does anyone remember Mustang Sally? Saw groups like the Vagrants, Rascals, Vanilla Fudge & Leslie West's group Mountain. How about El Patio in Atlantic Beach? Saw the Mothers of Invention, the Fugs & other oddball groups out there. There were so many places to hear good music back then. My group,the London Sounds did week end gigs at the Cafe Bizarre in the village. The Lovin Spoonful were at the Nite Owl, Jimmi Hendrex at the Cafe Wha, the Blues Project at the Village Gate & Bob Dylan was at the Purple Onion or hangin out in front of his parents shop. How about the Doors at the Singer Bowl left over from the 1964 Worlds Fair. I remember when rock was young. Do you?????
: ..Yo, Fuzzy remember the drums I bought from you, I remember everything you mentioned, still taking photos? Remember seeing The Doors at Fillmore East, Morrison walked past us on East 5th ST. surrounded by Hells Angels He was drinking Jack Daniels, saw the Stones land in a chopper at Forest Hills Stadium July 2,1966. Later Rob C. See Charlie Littman lately?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]