Re: Fillmore East, Etc.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by CharlieChops Littman on July 12, 19101 at 21:43:23:

In Reply to: Re: Fillmore East, Etc. posted by Robert Carosella on April 26, 19101 at 11:58:11:

: : : I remember the Fillmore East very well. Saw Traffic there many times. Also Van Morrison, Moby Grape,Janis Joplin & many others. Does anyone out there remember the Balloon Farm? That was before the Fillmore days. Also concerts in Central Park. Saw the Stones & Donovan at Madison Square Garden. The Beetles from a press box at Shea stadium thanks to my buddy Sonny. How about the Action House out in Oceanside L.I. Does anyone remember Mustang Sally? Saw groups like the Vagrants, Rascals, Vanilla Fudge & Leslie West's group Mountain. How about El Patio in Atlantic Beach? Saw the Mothers of Invention, the Fugs & other oddball groups out there. There were so many places to hear good music back then. My group,the London Sounds did week end gigs at the Cafe Bizarre in the village. The Lovin Spoonful were at the Nite Owl, Jimmi Hendrex at the Cafe Wha, the Blues Project at the Village Gate & Bob Dylan was at the Purple Onion or hangin out in front of his parents shop. How about the Doors at the Singer Bowl left over from the 1964 Worlds Fair. I remember when rock was young. Do you?????
: ..Yo, Fuzzy remember the drums I bought from you, I remember everything you mentioned, still taking photos? Remember seeing The Doors at Fillmore East, Morrison walked past us on East 5th ST. surrounded by Hells Angels He was drinking Jack Daniels, saw the Stones land in a chopper at Forest Hills Stadium July 2,1966. Later Rob C. See Charlie Littman lately?
i'm not sure how to work this new format for posting, but its been awhile since i posted here. On seeing fuzzy's post and then Robbie's i got all excited. I remember seeing the stones at MSG many times and the energy, and the orange juice being passed around, and the drum sticks i ended up with. I remember seeing moby grape at the filmore,and that song OMAHA. I'm sure Lap and eagle and robbie all remember that group. I remember goin to jfk airport and routing in the colors at the fountain and getting ejected from the airport. I remember the riot at the doors concert , chairs flyin . i remember the Joshua light show.. i remember me and marshall making our own light shows.i rememberprocol harem with purple lites on them singin whier shade of pale...i remember Robbie carosella buying Fuzzy mann's leedy-ludwig drums. i remember hangin in Robbie's basement. I remember sittin in the hallways with fuzzy til 6 am, rappin. i remember hittin harmony with fuzzy , mass, ikey, and ikey...i remember john sebastian and teh spoonful,how good they were. I remember workin at the cafe a gogo ,, otherwise known as Cafe AAH. i saw fuzzy recently me him and sonny went to yankee game then to the village it was awesome.... Robbie i havnt seen you in awhile and used to see you everyday..lets get together soon.... I have a picture of Robert carosella in a tuxedo at my wedding. I'll be at the reunion whenever that is.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]