Re: Memory Test

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Charlie Littman from 738 on July 12, 19101 at 23:57:49:

In Reply to: Re: Memory Test posted by BOB NAPOLITANO on March 03, 19101 at 03:43:48:

: : : : Who reemmbers the last dairy farm in Brooklyn that was at the corner of Vermont and Stanley. It was owned by the Wenk family? Also, does anyone remember a horse corral that was within walking distance of the Projects? I have a vague (very!) memory of riding ponies in the area in 1958 - 1959. Lastly - remember the milk machines and a quart only cost 25 cents!!

: SURE DO REMEMBER THE DAIRY FARM AND THE WARMISH MILK THEY SERVED UP IN THE LOWER GRADES...LACTOSE INTOLERANCE GALORE !! i ALSO REMEMBER CHERYL KINGSBERG AND THE 1966 VOLVO SPORT...BOTH JUST UNREACHABLE DREAMS FOR THIS NERDY AND UNCOOL KID..
: THE STABLES AND CORAL WERE OPPOSITE OUR PROJECT BUILDING AT 908 ASHFORD ST...I USED TO FEED APPLES AND CARROTS TO TOPPER AND A-RAB AND WHEN STELLA (TOPPERS YOUNG GROOMER-OWNER?) FELT GENEROUS I WOULD EVEN GET A NICE RIDE..(ON TOPPER THAT IS!) MR LANG WAS THE RESIDENT PROPERTY OWNER NEXT TO THE STABLES AND HE WAS NEAR 100 WHEN WE WERE 7...I BELIEVE THE STABLE MASTER NAMED ?? WAS SHOT AND KILLED FOR RIDING ANOTHER MAN'S UHHHH.. HORSE, (YOU KNOW!)....NEXT TO THE CORAL WAS A VEGATABLE FARM OPERATED BY FRANKIE THE FARMER WHO, USED FERTILIZER OF QUESTIONABLE ORIGIN...AL MAIORANO AND MYSELF WERE ONCE KIDNAPPED AND SEMI-TORTURED IN FRANKIE'S SHACK BY AREA HOODLUMS ONLY TO BE RESCUED BY AL'S MOM MARIE WHO, IN THE PROCESS, STEPPED ON A RUSTY NAIL AND REQUIRED TETNUS SHOTS...TRAUMATIC MOMENTS WHEN WE WERE GOING TO BE FORCED TO EAT SOME OF THAT FERTILIZER..AND, IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY DIDN'T MATH TEACHER MR SCHWARTZ ALWAYS HAVE CHERYL KINGSBERG AND OTHER CLASS BEAUTIES (DEBRA NADEL?) ALWAYS SIT UP FRONT IN THE CLASSROOM ...HE DID HAVE GREAT TASTE EVEN IF MY IMITATIONS GOT ME ELEVENTEEN ZEROS ON MY DELANEY CARD...I STILL OWE HARVEY POHOLSKY...I GOT US BOTH ZEROS ONE DAY..MEA CULPA...MR SCHWARTZ ALSO HAD A BROTHER TEACHING AT JEFF AND ALSO ONCE BROKE HIS HAND IN KARATE CLASS...WAS MISS YOUNG, THAT CLASSY AFRICAN AMERICAN ALGEBRA TEACHER, AT JEFFERSON OR GERSHWIN...SHE WAS A GREAT ROLE MODEL FOR THAT TIME....MR LAPIDUS FOR ECONOMICS CLASS..MISS KUHN FOR WORLD HISTORY ..WHAT CLASS ACTS THEY WERE...
: IF ONLY TO DO THAT OVER AND BE ABLE TO APPRECIATE IT AS YOUNG MINDS ARE WANT NOT TO DO...WHAT OF ROBERT WITRIOL AND DAVID AGATA..SOME OF THE BEST OF JEFF'S BRAINS..WAS THAT DOCTOR OF PSYCHOLOGY RICHARD FRIEDMAN (WHO PASSED AWAY GIVING LECTURE AT STONEYBROOK UNIV 3 YEARS AGO) OUR VERY OWN ?
: DOES MARC SACKOWITZ STILL HAVE HIS PET STORE IN BROOKLYN ? IS THE PAUL MANISCALCO OF THE NYCFD PARAMEDICS JEFF'S OWN? ANYONE KNOW OF MARCIA BALASIANO ? LATICIA CASTALONISO ? OH DEAR..MY HEARTS BREAKIN ALL OVER AGAIN.........SOMEBODY TELL ME PLEASE!!...I'VE ARRIVED HERE LATE AND HAVE MUCH CATCHING UP TO DO.....
COMMENT by Charlie littmean,, i cant tell where one post ends and the other begins. Anyway, bob is that you Robert Napolitano.I knew you and your family well. Of course you know that.i'm charlie, from mickey, mary, dennis, francine , susie. I used to go aqeduct and belmont and see your brothers and father and mother and Eddie, rose, judy and mickey there. i went to belmont stakes with your cousin mickey a few weeks ago. A shame what happened to judy. May she rest in peace. i remember the stables, the rockin horse ranch. i used to walk sweaty horses for free rides. Lou was the guy who got shot. Arab and Rosie buckin, were the slowest damm horses, and lou was a mean asshole, one time i smashed a metal pipe on Rosie to make her run. Blackie was the horse i loved to ride most. Ira Blum lived in your bldg, he had the coolest toy horses with bridles, saddles and bits. he was in my 4th grade class. I alo remember me and you went out with the same census taker years later.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]