Re: Bradford/Miller/Wyona/Hegeman or New Lots Aves.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by jane pastor shrenkel on August 21, 19101 at 14:42:32:

In Reply to: Re: Bradford/Miller/Wyona/Hegeman or New Lots Aves. posted by Arthur Zachary on February 06, 19101 at 07:39:59:

: : I LIVED ON MILLER BETWEEN NEW LOTS & HEGEMAN. THERE WAS ANOTHER SAMS GROCERY ON NEW LOTS & MILLER. I WENT TO PS 213, THE FIRST ENTERING CLASS AT 166 & ON TO BROOKLYN TECH. NAMES OF KIDS ON MILLER AVE WERE EDDIE MANDLESTEIN, EDDIE PEARLSTEIN, MIKE FOSTER, STAN RUTTER. IF ANY OF YOU REMEMBER THEM, OR ME WRITE.

: Well I'm one of the few people who knows how to spell Abbey backwards, and it's significance, knows all the names that shockingly appeared on my computer screen like a "a blast from the past" so Hi Linda, and Abbey. More suprising is I know of others, Mike "Foss" Foster lives happily with Becky Matola of Alabama Ave. in Wellsley near Boston, and when he returns from one of his many trips abroad, he will probably visit this site. Eddie "Mendy" Mandelstein, is still happily married to Carmela, and Eddie Pearlstein too is married, both living on the "island". Manny Korman also lives out there. I saw them some ten or more years ago, and again at Mike's daughter's wedding a few years ago. Remarkably, after getting over how old they have become (like I have no mirrors in my house), I was comforted to see in them the same guys who shared our early life adventures on the stoops, and streets of the old neighborhood. Oh yeah, I'm married as well, this second much better than my first, and have three male children, 30 years old (" a doctor"..and single), and two 11 year olds, and I now reside in Bethesda Md.and work for the NIH. The nice thing about email, is that in your memories I'm still a kid, and is mine so are you, and it's clear East New York is preserved as well.

i have been wondering for years what happened to you. i see iris baum. she lives in florida. i was just down there visiting my mother and saw her. i live on long island like most of us. please write. i hope you remember me. lived on the corner of miller and hegeman. so glad to hear about mike foster. often wondered about him too. saw eddie pearlstein and mendy at a jeff reunion around 10 years ago. married for 34 years . have one 29 year old daughter. single. want to make a match? been a lawyer for the past 18 years and love to dance. its been my life. where have the years gone?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]