Re: East New York Gangs/Groups/Hangouts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Jerry Ortiz (AKA-- Spanish Jerry) on January 25, 19102 at 23:17:15:

In Reply to: Re: East New York Gangs/Groups/Hangouts posted by PATTIE ESPOSITP SPADAFINO on October 13, 1998 at 14:56:38:

: :I WAS ONE OF THE STP PEOPLES....
: : SQUARE TURF PEOPLE
: : IT WAS IN THE BACK OF THE PS 273 SCHOOL.
: : LISA MERANCHICK, STEPHANIE SKLAR, NADINE SKLAR
: : DONALD O'TOOLE, JR. INESE, KIRK ETC...I REALLY
: : CAN'T REMEMBER EVERYONES NAME.
: : AS WE GOT OLDER WE MOVED ON TO S&V
: : WHICH WAS STANLEY AND VAN SICKLEN
: : PETER RECHIS, JIMMY NICOLE, JOHNNY SPIDER,
: : MINDY WEINBERG, ETC...
: : THAN WE GRADUATED TO ASB
: : ASHFORD STREET BOYS WHICH WAS A MIXTURE OF NEW LOTS BOYS AND
: : A WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHERS.......THATS WHEN WE RESLLY GOT OUT OF HAND
: : AS BAD AS WE WERE THERE WERE SOME REALLY GREAT TIMES.
: :

: : Can you be more specific --where did these three gangs hang out, and what about other groups --like the rowdies?

: : Was there an STP and an ETP --weren't they one and the same. What did STP stand for, I know ETP was El Turf People. And how did STP/ETP relate to those other groups.
: : I think I've been waiting all my life to clear this stuff up, please help me!

--- I'm Spanish Jerry, I hung and ran with the New Lots Boys from 1963 - end of 1965- at that time i went to Nam and came back pretty messed up for a long time. I was one of the few latinos to hang out with them, they took me under their umbrella when they saw I was a streetfighting mother-----r. Crazy times,but some of the baddest dudes i have ever met, even to this day.Some people I remember are Papo Lebron, James esposito (Seymor), Richard Q (Quarantella)-Foxy Gerothe,Danny and Dennis Connors,Irish Sandy,Karl Macffke,The Mick,Vinnie, Joe Ciardi, Lisa Leonetti,Little Joe Albanese(I did him a BIG favor once,I don't think he forgot),Vinnie Capo.
We hung out in the park under the El, played alot of handball.Alot of fighting for turf and respect and foolishness, I used to sing alot so everybody liked me and my oldies,--Jerry Caropolo was a good friend, he knew every song and singer and what label they were on etc.We called him Jerry the Bat--cause once in a gangfight he swung a bat and hurt alot of people, But he was a nice guy. Alot of the guys died of Heroine. after the war I went back but it wasn't the same. Anyway my best wishes go out to any who remember me. Peace--Jerry (Spanish Jerry)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]