South Floridian Jeff Grads Class of '29!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Ronelle (Ronni) Bienstock Migden Delmont on October 18, 1998 at 12:16:39:

Each day of my life here in south Fla. I am faced with a strange twist of fate. As a book reviewer and lecturer at more than 300 organizational meetings from Miami Beach to West Palm Beach each year I look into the faces of thousands of former Brownsvillites, East New Yorkers and Canarsie-ites most of whom graduated from Jeff with the class of '29! I have had former principals, former teachers and thousands of former students in my audiences. All it takes to get a cheer out of any senior audience down here is the mention of the fact that I was a Jeffersonian! Or that I lived in Brownsville! If any of you have parents living in South Florida I have probably been to their Hadassah, ORT, Bnai Brith, Men's Club, Women's Club, condo assoc. , or retirement home. I continually meet the parents of classmates and friends that I have not seen in a hundred years and will probably not ever meet again.
What is so ironic however is that, though I spent most of my life living in Greenwhich Village, I am now involved in a daily ritual that takes me back to Brownsville and East New York (at least emotionally if not physiaclly) - a place I couldn't wait to run away from and never regretted leaving!
Who would ever think that I could end up "back there" and love every minute of it!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]