Re: Follow up:Johnny Reb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Gary Glanzman on October 23, 1998 at 05:30:05:

In Reply to: Re: Follow up:Johnny Reb posted by dave cohen on October 22, 1998 at 00:55:21:

I am speaking of Johnny Reb's brother, Sandy . I remember Sandy Schmidt, he had the biggest Afro in East New York. Bigger then Jimmy Hendrix's afro. He must have used a garden rake to pick it, I mean that Afro was whaling man! He had a sister, Susan Schmidt, who was a real pretty girl, I used to dream about her sometimes. Anyway, Sandy had a rep in the projects. He was another guy who was bright but troubled, went the wrong way and never recovered. He was a likable guy when he wasn't beating the shit out of someone. But he also got into drugs, the real bad kind, and he never really came out of it. I hear he died of hepatitis some time in the 80's. I can still see him hanging out on the junky corner, ashford and stanley, with that great big wonderful Afro. May he rest in peace!
: is that sandy schmidt you are talking about i remember him attacking a mob with a belt he was crazy fought with me one day and i was crazy too but i backed off
: he was crazier
: i'm alive he isn't

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]