IMPORTANT: UPDATE ON NEW MESSAGING CENTER

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by WEBMASTER on October 23, 1998 at 09:45:39:

This is another reminder that the ENY Projects Web Hangout community will be shifting the major
discussion to a new, more powerful messaging center in about a week. We call this center THE ENY PROJECTS GROUP EMAIL AND CONFERENCING CENTER because you can participate on the web, or by email only, in that posts to the boards can be received and sent in by email AT YOUR REQUEST.

To use the new messaging
center you will need to do two things:

1. Enable cookies
2. Register. Remember, to register you must be an authentic member of this community. Bet you
never thought coming from the projects would put you in the elite club for anything, but you
were wrong. PLEASE PRE-REGISTER NOW AT http://www.eventhorizon.com/enyprojects/listserv/
You will be asked for additional information to complete the registration process later. It is
important that we do qualify people for this membership because otherwise we'll be overrun,
eventually, by outsiders who will dilute our discussion and invade our privacy. All information
provided will be completely confidential --it is in ALL our best intererests to keep some
controls here.

Since no one has gotten back to me with suggestions for board areas, I have created six myself. I would still appreciate feedback on these as well as suggestions for any others.
Here are the board topics thus far:
-COLLECTIVE MEMORY. The Main Board. Visible to the public but available for posting only to members
-LOST FRIENDS. If you are looking for a friend, post here. Visible to everyone but available for posting
only to members.
-*THE INNER CIRCLE. This board will be COMPLETELY INVISIBLE unless you are a pre-approved
member of our community. If anything of a very sensitive nature appears on the other boards, ie, if we're
naming too many names, etc., I'll move it here. At your discretion, you can post sensitive issues
here too. You will automatically be approved for membership in the INNER CIRCLE once we determine
that you are in fact an authentic community member.
-FAST FORWARD. On Life Today. Again, visible to the public BUT only members can post.
-ANNOUNCEMENTS. Births, Deaths, Promotions, Theater Debuts, Publications, etc. Posting for members only.
-BUILDING CHECK POINT. You can sign in by building, and I'll create some subcategories here
for the private row houses and ENY points beyond Linden Blvd. As with others, visible but posting for members.

PLEASE GET ANY IDEAS AS TO FURTHER TOPICS OR SUB-TOPICS TO ME ASAP.
Remember, each of these major boards can be divided into suboards. ie, we can have a
section just for Gershwin Memories, a section just for Charlie the Candyman memories, etc.
I need your input if this site is to best reflect your needs, interests, desires, etc.

PLEASE PRE-REGISTER AT:
http://www.eventhorizon.com/enyprojects/listserv/

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]