Re: Miss Olanoff

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Walt Steinhandler on November 05, 1998 at 21:55:56:

In Reply to: Miss Olanoff posted by Karen Sherman (DelPurgatorio) on October 05, 1998 at 20:54:17:

Ms. Olanoff was one of those teachers who you never forget. I was in Gershwin in 62-65. I had the privilege of being in two of Gershwin's shows. Carousel and the Music Man. I remember those times as if they were yesterday. The rehearsels, backstage shenanigans, opening night and being scared as hell. They were wonderful and memorable times. The experience I had gotten being in the plays was one that I will never forget. She always encouraged me even though I was not very good at acting and even worse at singing. She taught me that I could be successful even if you were not very good at something. To this day I encourage my own kids to get involved in school plays. I was in touch with Rhoda Olanoff on and off for a number of years. I had seen her at the hospital two days before she passed away. A number of us were at her funeral. Mike Mondschein, Rebecca Kaminsky, Jack Shakiris (sp), etc. She was a very special person who I had the privilege of knowing. I will never forget her.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]