Re: TEACHERS-PS190

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Felice Yurkiewicz on November 24, 1998 at 12:35:34:

In Reply to: Re: TEACHERS-PS190 posted by Harry Stein on November 13, 1998 at 11:15:10:

Hi, Harry -

Sorry it has been a while since I've had the time to get back and check for messages on these boards. Those are very vivid memories you have of Mr. Sokolow -- his own memory of stduents he had and kids in the school and specific anecdotes is nothing less than uncanny. He was our 6th grade teacher only from September through early December of 1965 before we were all transferred to 306, and in that short time he managed to leave his imprint on a whole group of us that have never forgotten him. And that goes both ways -- he saw about 20 of us at the reunion at March,and to a person recalled names and stories from 32 years ago. That's a pretty amazement testament to his charisma and skills as an educator!
I am sure he would be very touched to hear from you. I don't know if he has an email address -- I don't think so -- but if you email me privately at balsamf@aol.com, I'll be happy to send you his home address and phone number.

Felice Yurkiewicz

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]