Re: Woodstock

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by pam on November 27, 1998 at 22:16:14:

In Reply to: Woodstock posted by Sid Schipper on November 26, 1998 at 13:29:39:

I remember that summer, I was 15, just finished Gershwin, and I asked my mother if I could go to Woodstock --had some vague idea of getting down there with a friend-- and she said absolutely no!

: Do any of you remember going to Woodstock as a school trip with 5 or 6 of the Jefferson teachers?
: As I remember we met in front of the school on Friday of the August weekend in 1969 when it was held
: and it took us 8 hours to get up there. I remember we had all sorts of camping equipment and food that
: we ended up sharing with all the people there who were unprepared for the weather. Eventually the mud
: got to us also, so we left early on that Sunday, which means we missed some of the big names, Hendrix,
: CSNY, Ten Years After. But on Friday and Saturday we saw Joe Cocker, Santana, The Greatful Dead,
: Creedence Clearwater, The Who, Janis Joplin, The Jefferson Airplane, and many more.

: I distinctly remember hanging out there mostly with Barry Pannish, is he somewhere on this bulletin board?
: When I tell my current friends that I went to Woodstock on a High School trip, they all think I'm making
: it up! If anyone remembers this, I'd appreciate a note back reminiscing about it.

: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]