Re: IMPORTANT: UPDATE ON NEW MESSAGING CENTER

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Jenna Sass Rubin on October 24, 1998 at 09:45:04:

In Reply to: IMPORTANT: UPDATE ON NEW MESSAGING CENTER posted by WEBMASTER on October 23, 1998 at 09:45:39:

: This is another reminder that the ENY Projects Web Hangout community will be shifting the major
: discussion to a new, more powerful messaging center in about a week. To use the new messaging
: center you will need to do two things:

: 1. Enable cookies
: 2. Register. Remember, to register you must be an authentic member of this community. Bet you
: never thought coming from the projects would put you in the elite club for anything, but you
: were wrong. PLEASE PRE-REGISTER NOW AT http://www.eventhorizon.com/enyprojects/listserv/
: You will be asked for additional information to complete the registration process later. It is
: important that we do qualify people for this membership because otherwise we'll be overrun,
: eventually, by outsiders who will dilute our discussion and invade our privacy. All information
: provided will be completely confidential --it is in ALL our best intererests to keep some
: controls here.

: Since no one has gotten back to me with suggestions for board areas, I have created six myself. I would still appreciate feedback on these as well as suggestions for any others.
: Here are the board topics thus far:
: -COLLECTIVE MEMORY. The Main Board. Visible to the public but available for posting only to members
: -LOST FRIENDS. If you are looking for a friend, post here. Visible to everyone but available for posting
: only to members.
: -*THE INNER CIRCLE. This board will be COMPLETELY INVISIBLE unless you are a pre-approved
: member of our community. If anything of a very sensitive nature appears on the other boards, ie, if we're
: naming too many names, etc., I'll move it here. At your discretion, you can post sensitive issues
: here too. You will automatically be approved for membership in the INNER CIRCLE once we determine
: that you are in fact an authentic community member.
: -FAST FORWARD. On Life Today. Again, visible to the public BUT only members can post.
: -ANNOUNCEMENTS. Births, Deaths, Promotions, Theater Debuts, Publications, etc. Posting for members only.
: -BUILDING CHECK POINT. You can sign in by building, and I'll create some subcategories here
: for the private row houses and ENY points beyond Linden Blvd. As with others, visible but posting for members.

: PLEASE GET ANY IDEAS AS TO FURTHER TOPICS OR SUB-TOPICS TO ME ASAP.
: Remember, each of these major boards can be divided into suboards. ie, we can have a
: section just for Gershwin Memories, a section just for Charlie the Candyman memories, etc.
: I need your input if this site is to best reflect your needs, interests, desires, etc.

: PLEASE PRE-REGISTER AT:
: http://www.eventhorizon.com/enyprojects/listserv/

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]