Re: VERY IMPORTANT: MOVING TO NEW MESSAGING SYSTEM

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Ava Kutlin-Silverman on October 25, 1998 at 20:59:12:

In Reply to: VERY IMPORTANT: MOVING TO NEW MESSAGING SYSTEM posted by WEBMASTER on October 21, 1998 at 09:53:34:

: We are now preparing to move the ENY Projects Web Hangout community to a new, more sophisticated,
: and far more powerful message board system that will enable us to organize discussions, and where
: appropriate, guarentee privacy through a password system.

: As I prepare the new boards for use sometime next week, I'd like to request that you enter just your email
: address in the form available at the group email and conferencing center at:
: http://www.eventhorizon.com/enyprojects/listserv/

: This is JUST an email list that will enable me to reach you easily and directly with instructions. Actual registration
: will require some more information --remember, ALL registered members must be authentic members of our community.
: And hey, we know each other from the old country, so you can't fake it.

: I will still leave the current messaging board available to all.

: In the new center, I will make the main messaging board visible to the world (though
: of course you will need to be a registered member to post.) I think that, in general,
: our discussions are important and relevant writ large --they have a real social and
: historical significance, and should be be seen.

: BUT there are some topics that are more sensitive or private, and these will be visible only
: to registered members. We can decide together what those topics are. Any issue or subject area that requires privacy will
: be moved to password protected areas that only community members can see.

: Thanks, I know this may be a little complex, but it will be well worth the effort on everyone's part in the long run.

: Pam

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]