Re: 270 Wortman Time Warp

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]

Posted by Sandy Schwartz on November 30, 1998 at 16:21:23:

In Reply to: Re: 270 Wortman Time Warp posted by pam on November 29, 1998 at 10:26:23:

: Hi Sid, last name is Weintraub. Lived in Co-op City for no more than 2 and a half years, and during that time went to Bronx HS of Science. In Sept. '72 I went to SUNY Albany and My family moved a month or so later, after my brother was badly beaten in a racial incident --that's right, never happened to us in ENY, had to go to Co-op City for that! My parents and brother moved to Sheepshead Bay and my brother went to Lincoln HS, but I myself never really lived at home again except for a couple of summers, etc.

: Pam

:
: : Also, Pam, what is your full name? My wife lived in Co-Op City at building 5 Dreiser Loop also. Her name was Rita Dolnick and her brother Larry Dolnick was president of the Co-Op City Tenants Association for many years back in the '70s.

Pam, we have alot in common, but in reading other messages, I might be a couple of years behind you. I moved to Co-op City in January of 1971 (Building 21). Was in 5th grade at the time. I also went to Bx. Science (Class of 1978). We lived at 245 Wortman till 1965 then moved to 270 from 1965 to 1971. My brother Danny is 43, sister Elaine is 41 and I'm 38. Do their names ring a bell? You lived on the same floor as the Jaffee and Wildman families. Do you recall them, or the Mirsky family?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The East New York Projects Message Board ]